Thursday, May 17, 2007

The template returns to normal

Johnny B. protested, and since he is my #1 blog reader, I shall heed his request. We don't want him to come up here and !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last night Shane and I went out for dinner to celebrate his graduation. We ate at a kitschy Mexican place that was fun. They had mariachis and about twenty different flavors of margaritas. I had chiles rellenos that were very tasty. Afterwards, we watched the beginning of Down by Law, one of my favorite Jarmusch films, but we had to stop because it was putting Shane to sleep. It really is quite slow, and the beginning is kind of painful, but it was starting to pick up with Roberto Benigni's entrance to the jail cell -- very funny. "Jack, Zac, do you have some cigarette?" We'll finish watching it tonight, probably.

The office where I work has no windows; the only ones are located in the faculty offices to the right of me, and we can open these if the professors aren't there, and sometimes when they are there. My boss has been going mad about the heat and lack of circulation/ventilation. Even with the two windows open, there is barely any air circulation, and it is indeed sultry in my workplace; I have been wearing summer attire for the last few weeks because of it. Yesterday, my boss was in an especially bad mood, and she told me that I shouldn't come in to work today if it's too hot. She told me to stay home and that she'd call me when she got in to let me know if the office temperature is better. So here I am at home; maybe I'll crawl back into bed and sleep or read the novel I started working on, and then I'll head downtown to do some errands. If she calls and says to come in, I'll probably be so far away as to take me about an hour to get there, and she always gets in late (around 11 a.m.) so I'm sure to have the entire morning off. Yippee!

No comments: