I didn't take these photos; found 'em online. They are of the park across the street from my building. My bedroom window overlooks this park, and right now the leaves are growing and it's greener than I could ever have imagined! Here is the playground through which I walk to get the A train. There is a jungle gym bridge that looks like the George Washington Bridge, which is just a few blocks away and visible from my bedroom window.There are rocks jutting out all over New York City; they call it schist. In the park across the street, there are several large pieces. A few blocks away, by the hospital, there is a median with schist sticking out of it.

These are kindergarteners on our field trip to the pumpkin patch in the fall, from the school in Hamilton Heights where I've been observing. On the "hay ride" -- a big tractor pulling two bins carrying some blocks of hay and lots of screaming children -- these kids kept shouting, "We want bumps! We want bumps!"