Friday, May 04, 2007

ALMOST DONE! (with the semester, that is)

This morning, I taught the lesson (to second graders, in Spanish!) for the three courses that have been driving me insane. I did a math lesson on counting by grouping in preparation for multiplication. The integrated curriculum unit we designed was about community gardens, so my lesson was about counting rows of plants and making a garden plan. It was kind of chaotic (I'm not so great at the classroom management stuff yet) but I think the kids had fun. At the end I asked what they had learned in the math lesson, and one girl said that they learned that multiplication is useful for counting things in the real world. That made me happy!

It's the home stretch. I just have to write a couple reflection papers and work with my group on a presentation for the last class on Monday. Ah, I plan to spend much of the weekend sleeping, watching movies at home, going for walks in this beautiful weather, and doing yoga. I am probably underestimating the amount of time it will take to finish my homework. But seriously, who are we talking about here? I can crank 'em out like no other!

I haven't really got any interesting news; I've been doing classwork. This summer I'll be taking a course on conflict resolution, through the program for which I work. It sounds like it'll be really good for me, and those of you who know me well (as the argumentative bitch that I am) will probably thank their stars. It meets on two weekends in June, so the pain may be condensed. Then two weeks in July I'll be doing language classes in Guatemala! Yea!

OK, I've eaten about five ferrero rochers just sitting here; it's time to get some dinner.

No comments: