Thursday, November 15, 2007

Catch-up

So yeah it's been a while since I wrote, so I'm catching up on my blog, just like I'm playing catch-up with all my school work....

Two weekends ago, I went up to DC and Baltimore like I mentioned before. I went up Friday morning and had lunch with my friend Lea, who teaches Chinese in a high school in DC, and then I met Julia O. and Shane in Baltimore. We had dinner and then went to the dance show that featured Shane's music. His suites sounded awesome, and it was a trip to see people dancing to it!

We stayed with Julia at her mom's place, which was, as always, a pleasure. We left very early the next morning to drive back to New York, because I had class at 10 -- YES! ON A SATURDAY! Sunday we walked around near Central Park and watched the marathon, which his friend was running. We met up with her and her mother and had a wonderful dinner.

The next weekend, Shane and I decided to buy a cheap plane ticket for me to visit him in Knoxville, because Monday was Veteran's Day and I had off from student teaching. It was lovely to get away and, of course, to be with Shane. We played poker with his friend/roommate and I won (just chips, no money). The next night both of them beat me at Scrabble. We picked up walnut fruits that had fallen all over their front yard, and because they were not edible, we threw them across the road into a patch of trees. They coached me on throwing, because I never really learned how to throw a ball properly. I threw so many that the next couple of days my arm was very sore.

This weekend -- catch up on work!

No comments: