Sunday, November 18, 2007

Karaoke junkie

Last night, I went downtown with Krystal and a few of her friends to celebrate her birthday at a karaoke bar in the East Village. There were not enough of us to get our own private room (like a karaoke box) but it was not intimidating to sing right at the bar, because the screen was up at the bar, and people just sat or stood singing. I had myself an amaretto sour, which was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tasty, and then I had a whiskey sour, and then we all did tequila shots, which really got to me, as you can imagine. I was having such a great time, though! By the end of the evening I was just shouting into the microphone.

It was probably the first time I stayed at a bar till it closed -- we left at 4 a.m. Now Krystal knows how to keep me out late at night. If it were just any old bar, I'd probably have left after a maximum of 45 minutes.... Of course, now I'm paying for it today, sleepy and dehydrated. I shall remain a staunch homebody, but karaoke will be hard to turn down.

No comments: