Two days after getting back from Chicago and finishing my ten-day course of antibiotics, I had a sore throat and a fever once again. This time, it felt like the tonsil on the other side of my throat got strep, or whatever it was I had a couple weeks ago. Luckily, it wasn't as bad as the first time, so I was on pain relievers for only a day before the fever went away.
Now I am slowly packing up my stuff, donating things I don't need, selling back books, and knitting and crocheting. Shane and I play Settlers of Catan and listen to Yankees games.
Yesterday I went to the doctor for a physical, which I need for Chicago Public Schools hiring stuff. She told me that I ought to do thirty to forty minutes of vigorous activity three to five days a week, per the surgeon general. I haven't done that ever. Unfortunately, my body has been changing with age, and I no longer have the crazy metabolism that used to keep me skinny no matter what I ate and no matter how little exercise I got. She weighed me for the physical, and I am the heaviest I have ever been. I resolved to start a strict regimen of exercise, so Shane and I went running yesterday afternoon. We are planning to go again tonight. Argh, how I detest jogging. But I think once I get into the habit of it, I will actually start to like it. That's the plan, anyway.
We move on Sunday. We're packing up a moving truck and driving out to Chicago, stopping somewhere along the way to break up the long distance. After a couple days in Chicago, we come back to upstate New York to spend a week at a lake with Shane's family. Then I'll drive down to NYC and bring the cats to Chicago, and that'll be my last time in this New York apartment. I'm happy to be moving on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment