The bridal shower was pretty interesting, as the first proper shower I've ever attended. I ate way too much food, and I was happy to see Kristianna, who moved to Albany earlier this year.
Friday had been spent working. A couple classmates of mine work at the college for a fellows program for school principals, and they were having a big day for the fellows to present their projects, so they got some of us, their classmates, to work just the one day. It was nice to be working again (and making some money), but it exhausted me. At the end of the event, there was a wine and cheese reception, and we were to stay afterwards to help clean up. Well, it was around 4 when I was expecting to start cleaning up, but the boss told me to get another glass of wine, and the next thing I knew it was after 5 and I was pretty drunk, laughing loudly with my friends around the wine and cheese table. The boss, freed from chatting with the last guests, came over to join us, saying that when it got to 6 pm they really should start cleaning up. Well, I had a linen nightie to knit! So I left them to finish off the wine and went my merry, flushed way.
Monday I hunkered down and wrote about 40 follow-up emails and sent about 10 more to other schools, something I'd been meaning to do for quite some time. I got a couple replies -- one saying there weren't any positions and another telling me to call them once I got to Chicago. I called the school that said it would get back to me at the end of last week, and I left a message. Still no word. I guess I didn't get the job and they're avoiding telling me, or they're still not done with all the interviews, or they're waiting to hear back from people considering initial job offers.
I felt good that I had actually gotten quite a bit done, but I was rather mopey when I went to Target in the afternoon to buy some kitty litter. That was when I got a phone call from a school in Chicago asking me for an interview this Friday. I had left my resume at the school's table at the career fair, but I hadn't talked to anyone there because there had been such a long line. So, I'm guessing it's a good school. I got home and bought a plane ticket for Chicago leaving Thursday and coming back Sunday. Keep your fingers crossed!
Now I'll just spending time knitting until I have to interview.
No comments:
Post a Comment