Sunday, May 25, 2008

The end of an era

Another month, another blog entry. The month of May meant graduation, and yes, I am now officially done with my master's program. Yeehaw! (Words cannot express the ecstasy I felt after being done with my horrendous program.)

I did not march in my graduation, but I did attend my ten-year college reunion this weekend. I hadn't been to Providence since I graduated ten years ago, so it was a slightly disorienting experience. Shane and I first stopped in Boston, where we had lunch with a couple of his friends from Ithaca, and then we stayed over at Thibaut's place in Worcester. He drove us down to Providence the next morning, where we stayed in a dorm room. Julia Oliver and her friends were right across the hall from us, which turned out to be a bit too loud, a bit too late at night, for our tastes. Shane and I are so used to an early bedtime that we could not even stay up that late during Campus Dance, which was fun because we could dance to big band music on the main green. Most of the weekend we just walked around Providence, looking at the beautiful houses and spring flowers. I also spent some great time chatting with my piano teacher, and I got to see a beloved cook from the dining hall kitchen, where my friends and I used to work.

We're back in New York now, recovering from all the traveling and lack of sleep. We have a day to get organized before leaving for Chicago. We're going to spend a week there, staying with Shane's friends while I interview for teaching jobs and go to the public school career fair.

Speaking of job interview preparations, I need to go and work on my teaching portfolio....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FELICIDADES!!... That is great that you have graduated!.. I keep up with your blog and I think of you mucho!.. Im very very happy for you!!!

Muchos besos y abrazos,
Veronica