Right: ballband dishcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting; Left: you may not be able to tell that it's got a design of a paw print (knitted paw print cloth)
OK, I didn't make all of these in the last few weeks. I did, however, crochet the brown hat (basic cloche hat) and the red hat with the visor (ribbed newsboy hat, pattern no longer available on internet) in the last few weeks.
Shane visited recently (en route back to Knoxville after visiting his family upstate) and we played music -- easy violin duets by Mozart! What better way to celebrate our one-year anniversary?
Enjoying moments of sunshine and heat.
What else? Student teaching, of course. And then there are the two classes I have in the evenings to finish up my program. I'm having a terrible case of senioritis, so it's been an effort to even go to those classes. They're actually pretty horrible, so after a day of student teaching, that's the last place I want to go. I've been experiencing a lot of trouble doing readings and turning in work on time. I have very little motivation to do anything but knit and crochet, which is turning out to be a bit of a compulsive habit now. Therapy is helping.
Tuesday I went to a K-12 education career fair. I spoke with reps from the public school systems in New York City and Chicago, to where Shane and I are interested in relocating. I had an interview with the public school system in Montgomery County in Maryland, which is near DC and Baltimore. It's a great school district, but I don't think we're interested in moving to that area (at least for now). Shane's got a few friends in Chicago with whom he can play music, so we're leaning toward spending some time there.
Here are some photos of the trip Shane and I took to Rochester for his nephew's birthday party mid-February.
No comments:
Post a Comment