Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

We found a cheap flight to Knoxville again, so I flew down this weekend to spend Easter with Shane. The parents of Shane's friend Brian invited us to have Easter dinner with them, so we ate a lot of yumminess. Afterwards, Brian, Shane and I went back to their place, where we played a long game of Settlers of Catan. Now I'm back in the City, getting ready for student teaching and classes once again.

My friend Tammy from junior high and high school recently had a beautiful baby boy, Orion. It took me a while, but I knitted a blanket for him. She just sent me this cute photo of him with the blanket. It made me really happy!



In other happy knitting news, I had Shane try on the sock I'm working on for him, and it seems to be a good size, so now I can finish the toe and then ... start on the other sock.

I can't wait; I finish my program in May, graduating on May 21. I don't plan to attend the actual ceremonies, because it just doesn't appeal to me, especially because it seems to be rather hoity-toity, and I'll get enough of that at my 10-year college reunion. I haven't been back to Providence since graduation, and even though it sounds pretty cheesy, I think it'll be nice to see people I haven't seen or heard from in 10 years. I plan to take Shane and my friend Thibaut, who lives in Massachusetts, and I'll meet up with Julia Oliver. Yea!

No comments: