Sunday, October 14, 2007

Housewarmed and birthdayed

Had class all day Saturday, which was my birthday. I wasn't too happy about it, because even though the class only meets three Saturdays during the semester, I was hoping to take it in the spring when I have a lighter course load, except they informed us that it won't be offered then. It went OK, though, and it'll be good to get another course out of the way.

That night my roommates and I had a birthday/housewarming party at the apartment. It was a little bit of a weird mix of people, but it went well. Tricia and her boyfriend Samuel happened to be visiting from Columbus, so they came to the party, and I was very happy to spend time with them. Bill and his girlfriend Angie also came, which was wonderful, because I haven't talked with Bill in several months. Some girls from my program attended as well; I haven't really hung out with them much, so that was nice. My roommates Adam and Robert were so sweet as to give me Scrabble as a present, Tricia brought me a bunch of cool fashion accessories, and other friends added to our fast-growing bar.

The best present of all, however, was a surprise flower delivery from Shane--a big vase full of orange lilies. I'd never been sent flowers before. I called him and he said he wished he could have been here for my birthday. I wished he could have, too, but it was still one of the happiest birthdays I've ever had, and in large part, because of him.

No comments: