That lesson I turned in last week was for the math class, and the next day our math teacher wrote us an email saying that we had done the lessons wrong, so we would have a week to rewrite them. Three of my classmates replied with complaints, and I ended up writing one, too. I don't think the instructors were communicating well with each other or with us. But I'll spare the details. The semester is almost over, so soon this crap will all be done.
I should actually be working on my many assignments due this week, but somehow I am not too worried. I always manage to get by in school, and though I may not be getting fabulous grades I can't see myself getting into much trouble. I might have to turn in assignments late, but it really doesn't concern me. Why don't I care?
Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the money to continue studying in this program. Maybe I could do this program elsewhere for much cheaper. It is definitely attractive to think of moving to Albuquerque where Julia Sapir is and having fun down there, while doing a program in bilingual education at UNM.
My attitude isn't the best right now. I am probably just feeling down and a little burned out. Studying while working full-time, even in a cushy job, isn't much fun.
On Thursday Shane and I called in sick and went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. We saw an exhibit on Barcelona and modernity, lots of Miro and Dali and Gaudi, and of course the impressionist paintings. Later we went to lunch and studied in a cafe. I met my science class at the National Museum of Natural History for a class trip. We only got to spend 45 minutes in the museum before it closed, but it was fun. We looked at the Hall of Biodiversity, which was cool. I never was very into stuffed animals on display, but looking at their displays you really get an idea of how big or small these animals are, so it was pretty amazing.
My weekend has been all about doing schoolwork, so I'm not elated at the moment. I met with my Taiwanese friends all afternoon yesterday to work on our presentation for Tuesday's class. Today I read articles for a literature review also due Tuesday. I was supposed to write another lesson plan for tomorrow, but I couldn't seem to bring myself to do it. I went to yoga class this afternoon to maintain my sanity, and then I went shopping at Trader Joe's. It was the best Sunday trip to Trader Joe's I've ever experienced, because there weren't many people in there at all, due to the heavy rain, so I bought more stuff than usual; yea! Now I shall have lots of tasty, quick meals and snacks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment