Last night I went to a very cool tango bar downtown. Krystal used to go all the time but hadn't been in a year. She invited friends to go with her, and I took my first class. It was so much fun! It had old wood floors, little tables all around the room, and strings of colored lights across the ceiling. The food and wine were delicious; Krystal and I had croquetas (fried balls of mashed potatoes) and large grilled sardines.
Tango is so soothing, especially when you're just in the beginners' class and all you have to do is walk backwards to the beat, haha. But also, it's just not as hyperactive as salsa or merengue. There was this awesome teacher visiting, an old Argentinian man who only spoke Spanish during class and was all decked out in a big suit with black and white striped shirt and tie. He looked a bit like the godfather. He taught the intermediate class, with which I had absolutely no part, and he was doing amazing advanced stuff (and later chastising all the people who shouldn't have been taking the intermediate class). At about midnight he and his partner (I think that was his daughter) performed. They were incredibly agile and elegant.
The whole thing was so fun; I think I'm going to go again next week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment